Sceletium – Traditional African Mood Tonic (60 veggie capsules)
- Sceletium has a long history of use in African Traditional Medicine
- Elevates mood, acts as a natural anti-depressant and decreases anxiety, stress and tension
- Also useful as a drug & alcohol withdrawal aid. Sceletium is known to reduce addictive cravings particularly with regard to nicotine and also lessens the withdrawal effects of alcohol and other addictive drugs
- Enhances the immune response and acts as an adaptogen (similar in action to the Chinese herb Astragalus membranaceous)
- Vegan & vegetarian friendly (veggie capsule)
- Free of corn, yeast, wheat, soy, salt, sugar and dairy products and formulated without preservatives, artificial colours or flavours.
Sceletium – Nature’s Natural Anti-Depressant & Mood Tonic!
Big Tree Nutraceutical is a dedicated herbal medicines company that specialise in high value, efficacious ethnobotanical products that are drawn from the healing traditions of Africa. They are continually researching indigenous African medicinal plants with a long history of safety and efficacy with the intention of making this traditional wisdom available, in an ethical and respectful way, to the modern Western culture.
Big Tree Sceletium elevates mood and decreases anxiety, stress and tension, and functions as a model anxiolytic (anti-anxiety substance), as well as being a very effective antidepressant. It is believed to function as a natural SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor). Sceletium is also known to reduce addictive cravings particularly with regard to nicotine and also lessens the withdrawal effects of alcohol and other addictive drugs. It also helps balance aberrant brain chemistry caused by the effects of serotonin-depleting drugs.
BigTree Sceletium Capsules contain only: 100% pure Sceletium tortuosum 100mg
Inactive Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, Silicone dioxide, Magnesium Stearate
Directions for use
Dosage: take 1 capsule twice daily or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Contraindications and Side Effects
Although there have been no confirmed reports of drug interactions, the neuro-receptor activities of Sceletium suggest that there may be interactions with other psychiatric medications and cardiac drugs. People taking any psychiatric drugs (including all anti-anxiety drugs, sedatives, hypnotics, anti-psychotics and antidepressants, including MAO inhibitors, and particularly SSRI’s) are advised to not take Sceletium-containing products.
Please consult your health care professional before replacing any pharmaceutical antidepressant with Sceletium. When used at the recommended dose there are no documented side-effects. In large doses Sceletium can cause euphoria, but this is easily managed by reducing the dose. Do not use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
Note: Consult your doctor if symptoms persist or worsen.