- Excellent all-round tonic to improve health & functioning
- Boosts the immune system and resistance against disease and infection, including viral and bacterial infection.
- Improves liver and kidney health and functioning and aids in the elimination of systemic toxins.
- Acts as a tonic for the lymphatic system.
- Promotes and speeds up healing and recovery after illness.
- Increases haemoglobin levels and prevents anaemia.
- Promotes vitality and balance in the body.
Immunity is strength!
Your pet’s immune system is an amazingly intricate and complex system that maintains health and protects your dog or cat against all sorts of invaders including viruses, bacteria, microbes, parasites and toxins. As with most things, we often don’t notice or think about the immune system until something goes wrong with it. A healthy immune system helps to ensure overall systemic health and protection! And the first line of defense in any fight is to maintain structural integrity – which means taking steps to ensure a supported, healthy immune system.
The liver is the second largest organ in the body and is often seen as one of the most important organs. In traditional Chinese medicine, a healthy liver is seen as the most critical element in the body’s ability to fight disease and function optimally.
Amongst other important functions, the liver is responsible for eliminating the poisons that enter the bloodstream thus detoxifying the body. It also produces bile, which is stored in the gall bladder, an essential component in the breakdown of fats. Additionally it is a storage depot for the important vitamins A, D, E and K.
As you can see, maintaining the optimal functioning of your pet’s immune system and liver is key to good health, resistance to infection and the ability to recover from any illness!
The natural way
There is a lot that can be done naturally to help boost your pet’s immune system. A strong, healthy immune system is the best ‘armor’ you can give your dog or cat. Here are some tips to help boost your pet’s immune system:
- Make sure you offer a healthy diet – (preferably organic) of high quality cat or dog food. (Try Vondi’s natural cooked food or DoggoBone Active Raw Food, both available from the Feelgood Health shop in Westlake, Cape Town)
- Your pet should also get plenty of exercise in the fresh air and sunshine.
- Don’t forget to give your dog or cat fresh water – and always make sure water bowls and food dishes are washed and kept clean and free of germs.
- Although it is virtually impossible, try as hard as you can to limit your pet’s contact with strays, as they may be carriers of germs and disease.
How can Immunity & Liver Support capsules help?
Immunity and Liver Support capsules contain a combination of especially selected herbs known for their ability to cleanse and purify the system, improve immune functioning and support liver health.
Used as a general tonic or to protect against disease, Immunity and Liver Support capsules are also very effective during convalescence and can shorten the recovery phase after illness, trauma or surgery.
What are the ingredients?
Immunity and Liver Support capsules contain the following 100% herbal ingredients:
- Taraxacum officinalis (Dandelion) contains bitter principles which have a beneficial effect on the liver, kidneys, urinary tract and digestive system. Dandelion is also a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D, C, various B Vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. It enhances liver and gall bladder functioning and may decrease high blood pressure due to its diuretic properties.
- Echinacea purpurea is well known for its excellent benefits for immune functioning and for its antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties. Used as a natural antibiotic, immune stimulant and anti-allergy agent, Echinacea is also effective as a tonic for the lymphatic system and has been investigated as supportive treatment in AIDS therapy. Regular use can help to keep your pet healthy and resistant to a range of illnesses.
- Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) is also called ‘Indian ginseng’ and is one of the most important Ayurvedic tonic herbs, assisting with growth, health and vigor. Regular use can help to nourish the blood and increase hemoglobin levels. Recent studies have demonstrated that Ashwagandha has anti-tumor properties and can help to prevent or slow the development of cancers. It is an effective anti-inflammatory and has excellent calming properties. This herb is often recommended as a tonic to assist with recovery after illness.
- Silybum marianum (Milk Thistle) is regarded as one of the most important herbal liver tonics and restoratives and medical use of Milk Thistle may be traced back more than 2000 years. Milk Thistle has been subject to many clinical trials which clearly demonstrate its effectiveness. It is frequently recommended to counteract the harmful effects of prescription drugs and vaccinations on the liver and clinical studies have shown that it helps the liver to return to normal functioning. Scientific analysis of Milk Thistle shows that it contains a flavonoid complex called silymarin, which is largely responsible for the medical benefits of this herb. Silymarin is a powerful anti-oxidant and can block the entrance of toxins into the liver and remove toxins at cellular level, thereby resulting in regeneration of liver cells and improved liver functioning. This would have a direct impact on the overall systemic health of your pet as the liver is one of the most important organs in the body.
Rice Powder: inactive ingredient
Immunity and Liver Support capsules contain no gluten, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.
How has Immunity & Liver Support helped others?
“My German Shepherd is my treasure! He is already 10 years old and he has always been a healthy boy. Lately he has been ‘off color’ and not wanting to eat much. Also he was eating lots of grass and throwing up almost every day. I was very worried about him. The vet said maybe an infection and gave us antibiotics, and that made no difference, but your Immunity/Liver Support remedy has worked after only three weeks. No more throwing up and much more energy! Thanks for a natural alternative – next time I know where to come first!” – Serena
“I wanted to write in and tell you that I think you have a great website with lots of good information and help. I have already used two of your products and have been very pleased. My cat has been throwing up forever and since your Liver and Immunity Support she can eat without a problem again.” – Tammy
“I have been a customer for many years and expected your pet remedies to be just as good as your people remedies. I can say with absolute pleasure that I have not been disappointed. As people we are lucky to have some natural alternatives to the conventional medicine, but our pets have not been so lucky up to now. I have used your Immunity and Liver Support capsules for two of my dogs and can recommend them to anyone with a bilious animal.” – RC.
“Thank you for such wonderful products! I wish I had know about them sooner. I started giving my 13 year old cocker Immunity and Liver Support capsules for about 2 months. He had stopped drinking excessive amounts of water and vomiting. He seems to have a spring in his step now when walking and after a trip to the vet the blood test confirmed that the liver and kidneys have improved. I can’t thank you enough!” – Patti
How do I use Immunity & Liver Support?
Used preventatively or as an antibiotic alternative & healing aid, Immunity & Liver Support capsules may be given whole or opened and the contents mixed with food or a treat, depending on your pet’s size and preferences.
Cats and small dogs: 1/2 capsule twice daily.
Medium dogs: One capsule twice daily.
Large dogs: One to two capsules twice daily.
Caution: Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established.
Helpful tips to improve your pet’s liver & immune system
- Avoid exposure to toxins and chemicals as much as possible.
- Ask your veterinarian to explain the side effects of all medications that are prescribed for your dog. If there is a chance of liver damage, then find out if there is an alternative medication or if not, what you can do to minimise the effects of liver damage. Always try and dose the minimum dose and follow prescription instructions closely.
- A natural, unprocessed diet will put fewer demands on the liver and immune system than one that is filled with preservatives and colourants that all need to be detoxed by the liver.
- Acupressure massage is also helpful in improving immune system and liver functioning.
- And as always, lots of exercise, the benefits are multiple both for you and your pet