- Natural homeopathic remedy
- Improves and stimulates liver functioning and prevent livers disease
- Helps to eliminate toxins and strengthen systemic resistance against disease and infection
- Assists with the flow of bile and promotes gall bladder health
- Improves the health and functioning of the pancreas – especially in the case of diabetic animals
- Provides an essential tonic for animals with liver, gall bladder and pancreatic conditions
Functions of the liver, gallbladder & pancreas
The liver, the gallbladder and the pancreas are all crucially involved in the digestive process. The liver stores Vitamins A, D, E and K and produces bile, which is essential in the breakdown of fats. This bile is stored in the gall bladder and is emptied into the first part of the intestines during the process of digestion.
The liver is also responsible for eliminating and detoxifying the poisons that enter the blood stream. Similar to a sieve, it sifts through substances in the blood stream, keeping what is needed and discarding harmful substances that pose a threat to health. These include medications, processed and unhealthy food and the various toxins your pet is exposed to on a daily basis. Think of all the pollutants that you’re exposed to on a daily basis, your furry companions share many of these with you!
The pancreas not only produces pancreatic juice, which contains important digestive enzymes that help in the breaking down of food, but it also plays a vital role in controlling the level of sugar in the bloodstream by secreting two important hormones, insulin and glucagon. Imbalance in the production of these hormones may lead to the development of diabetes in your pet – a serious condition that can lead to further health complications for your furry companion.
Look out for the following signs in your pet that may indicate liver, gall bladder or pancreatic problems:
- Loss of appetite (for more than 48hrs)
- Weight loss
- Poor coat condition
- Diarrhoea/soft stools
- Grey stools
- Swollen abdomen
- Fluid retention
- Increased thirst
- Jaundiced (yellow) mucous membranes
- Convulsions or delirium (when disease is advanced)
The natural way
Herbal and homeopathic remedies have been successfully utilised for many years in the treatment of liver conditions and the promotion of liver, gallbladder and pancreatic function. They can be used alone or as part of the total treatment strategy, depending on the diagnosis and the recommendations of your holistic vet.
Remember – it is routine when using a holistic approach to health to look at all factors that affect your pet – such as a healthy diet, adequate sleep, exercise and stimulation.
NOTE: If you are unsure of a diagnosis, please consult your vet before beginning home treatment.
How can LiverAid help?
LiverAid is a 100% homeopathic remedy in a unique formula which is both effective and safe with no side effects.
It can be used preventatively or as part of a broader treatment program for pets with liver, gallbladder and pancreatic problems.
This remedy is of special benefit to animals with diabetic or pre-diabetic conditions and would be an excellent addition to pets using the following remedies:
- GlucoBalance – maintains healthy blood sugar levels
- Flatulence Preventer – helps prevent odorous outbursts of the animal variety!
- Natural Moves – keeps your pet regular and promotes natural bowel movement
- Digestive Support – aids digestive functioning and promotes sound and solid digestion health
What are the Ingredients?
LiverAid contains the following 100% active homeopathic ingredients in therapeutic pet-friendly dosage:
- Carduus mar (D3) in homeopathic potency offers great support to the liver as a homeopathic restorative. This is an ingredient well suited to animals that need to detox and flush out the body of impurities. As the liver is the organ in the body responsible for toxin removal, this is a great homeopathic ingredient to promote overall balance in the body.
- Hydrastis (D3) in homeopathic potency can act as a blood purifier and system cleanser. This ingredient is useful in addressing digestive sluggishness for those occasions when a pet has been following an unhealthy diet.
- Chelidonium (D3) in homeopathic potency this ingredient is well-known to focus on indigestion, jaundice and sluggish livers. This ingredient is specifically useful when the production of bile and pancreatic digestive enzymes need to be promoted. Used to relieve gallbladder spasms and stimulate under active gallbladders
- Kalium Muriaticum (6C) (Kali. Mur.) is one of the most important biochemic tissue salts when it comes to liver health. Tissue salts are naturally present in all living organisms and need to be kept in perfect balance to promote wellbeing. Acting as a system cleanser and purifier, Kali. Mur. is essential for treating a sluggish liver and for pets who suffer from belching.
- Natrium Phosphate (6C) (Nat. Phos.) is another biochemic tissue salt that has important benefits to the liver and gall bladder. Used regularly, it can help to break down and assimilate fats and promote the healthy flow of bile from the gall bladder. Nat. Phos. also helps to treat indigestion.
- Natrium Sulphate (6C) (Nat. Sulph.) is a tissue salt that acts as a cell cleanser. It is often recommended to detoxify the liver, to ensure a healthy supply of bile from the gallbladder and to promote the health of the pancreas. This makes Nat. Phos. an excellent health supplement for the diabetic pet.
Sucrose: inactive ingredient.
LiverAid contains no gluten, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.
Safe for use during pregnancy and nursing.
Our products are animal-cruelty free. Individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
How has LiverAid helped others?
“This product is truly remarkable and brought back energy and health to our family dog who has had digestive problems and lack of energy for the past six months. According to the vet, she ‘may’ have had an unidentified virus or some other illness but nothing showed up on the tests. After 6 weeks she is just a different animal thanks to the LiverAid, which we plan on continuing for some time” – T. Holmes
“Our cat has diabetes and I always felt sorry for her being so tired and out of condition. With the Liver Aid we have seen a big change in her condition and when I saw her chasing her catnip mouse across the floor yesterday I said to my husband that I would write in – we are just so grateful for this as she is really our ‘little girl’!” – Erica B.
“The vet recommended LiverAid for our diabetic dog who was always tired and unable to even go for her walk. She has been ill with a variety of problems and has had to take lots of different medication and antibiotics and I think her system just caved in. We began to see improvement in only 10 days and now after three weeks we are taking small walks together again – a little more every day. I have great confidence in your remedies and my whole family uses your remedies for people – it seems like your pet remedies are of the same high quality! Thank you for always delivering on your promises!” – William
“My 13 year old Lab/Bulldog mix had bloodwork done and it came back off the charts on her liver. Normal is 5-131. She was at 1222. We’ve changed her eating habits to holistic foods and added LiverAid with each meal. After 4 weeks her count is down to 880. With continued use of LiverAid we’re expecting the next blood result to be even lower!! Thanks!!” – Lya
How do I use LiverAid?
LiverAid comes in convenient dissolvable granule form. The tiny granules are easy to administer to animals of all sizes and personalities and are simply sprinkled on the back of the tongue and left to dissolve. Alternatively, they can be mixed with a little wet food or a treat. No fuss and bother!
Cats and very small dogs: Large pinch of granules sprinkled into the mouth.
Small to medium dogs: Two pinches sprinkled into the mouth.
Medium to large dogs: 1/4 cap of granules sprinkled into the mouth.
Management tips for liver, gallbladder & pancreatic health
- Use Immunity and Liver Support capsules to boost your pet’s overall immune functioning and resistance against disease and infection.
- Avoid exposure to toxins and chemicals as much as possible including pesticides, herbicides, commercial flea collars, flea powder, insecticides and second-hand cigarette smoke.
- Ask your veterinarian to explain the side effects all medications that are prescribed for your pet. If there is a chance of liver damage then find out if there is an alternative medication or if not, what you can do to minimise the risk of liver damage.
- Acupressure massage can be very beneficial in improving immune functioning.
- Remove your pet’s food after a while if he has not eaten it all. Periods of fasting throughout the day are very important for effective digestion and detoxification, so don’t fret if your pet seems to have temporarily lost his or her appetite.
- Ensure your pet is eating a balanced, high quality diet with plenty of raw and unprocessed food (preferably organic). The liver is involved in getting rid of toxins in the body so the less chemical additives and preservatives in your pet’s diet, the less the demand on the liver. Try Vondi’s Natural Cooked Pet Food or DoggoBone Raw Active Pet Food – both available from the Feelgood Health shop in Westlake, Cape Town
- Filtered or bottled water is preferable to chlorinated or fluorinated water.
- Talk to a holistic vet before immunising your pet. Over-vaccination may stress the immune system unnecessarily.
- Food and water bowls should be made of glass, stainless steel or porcelain, and washed regularly.
- Ignore those begging eyes – do not feed your pet chocolate, as even a small amount can be toxic. Rather post extra choc goodies to the team here at Feelgood Pets!
- And last but not least, exercise, exercise, exercise. Natural, free stress relief for you and your pet is only a walk around the block away!