Safe, all-natural herbal mood tonic for children
- Acts as a natural anti-depressant
- Reduces anger, mood swings and oppositional behavior
- Helps to optimize levels of neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin, often implicated in some of the secondary symptoms of autism, Spectrum Disorders and PDD
- Reduces anxiety and symptoms of childhood OCD
- Assists with concentration, acting out & behavioral difficulties associated with childhood depression
- Improves confidence and lifts mood in children with anxiety and self esteem problems linked to depression
- Safe, natural remedy formulated for children by our Clinical Psychologist
The natural way
“Many doctors and psychiatrists prescribe synthetic anti-depressants for children with depression or other developmental disorders. While these medications certainly do have their place, it is my experience that they are significantly over-prescribed, without first investigating more natural and equally effective alternatives. It is alarming to see how many children are on a cocktail of prescription scheduled anti-depressants and psycho-stimulants. Often the drugs cause more complications than the original problem itself. The use of strong scheduled drugs for children also often replaces proper assessment and the use of a complete and thorough treatment program for the child and the family. Fortunately there are proven well researched natural alternatives to assist children with symptoms of depression, anxiety, anger and behavioral problems linked to depression.”
– Michele Carelse, Clinical Psychologist & Director of Feelgood Health
How can MindSoothe Jr help?
MindSoothe Jr is an all-herbal natural treatment for depression, anxiety. and mood disorders in children and is formulated by a practising Clinical Psychologist.
The ingredients in MindSoothe Jr. are well researched and have been shown to be effective in the treatment of depression and anxiety. Both are very well respected naturopathic herbs and have been safely used for centuries. Depression is often associated with an imbalance in certain neurotransmitters in the brain, especially serotonin. In children, this is often caused by stress, but may also be hereditary or linked to disorders like Autism or other developmental disorders.
Like all Feelgood Health products, MindSoothe Jr. has been developed with care by our practising Clinical Psychologist, is 100% natural and manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards. Individual ingredients are well-researched and have been specially chosen for their high safety profile in childrens’ remedies.
MindSoothe Jr contains the following carefully chosen herbal ingredients in child-safe dosage:
- St John’s Wort, one of the principle ingredients in MindSoothe Jr., is widely used as a treatment for depression and other disorders associated with serotonin imbalance. It has been well researched and many clinical studies have demonstrated that it can be highly effective in the treatment of depression and other mood disorders.
- Passiflora has been extensively used by naturopaths as a calmative and to reduce irritability, restlessness and anxiety. It acts as a natural tranquilizer, without further aggravating the symptoms of depression, which can happen with the use of some herbs like Valerian. The proportion of St John’s Wort and Passiflora in the remedy has been carefully calculated to ensure therapeutic dosage and maximum effectiveness for children’s mood disorders.
How has MindSoothe Jr helped others?
“I recently purchased MindSoothe Jr and Focus Drops for my son who is ADHA and in the three weeks since he has started to take the drops we are absolutely delighted with the fabulous little boy that has emerged!!! Many thanks for all your help and as i say our little guy is brand new and very happy with life at the moment which is unbelievable as everything about his condition used to get him very down… thank you again.” – Mary F.
“Thank you for recommending Mindsoothe Jr. for my 10 year old daughter. We were both going through a difficult time after my divorce and I was literaly tearing my hair out with her, yet knowing that she was hurting like I was. I noticed that she was much calmer from the first day. She has been taking Mindsoothe for about 6 weeks now and I have my sunny, happy girl back again!”
“My son has ADHD. – he always struggled to complete his work and I think that he became depressed because he was always in trouble. We started him on your Focus remedy which helped but he was still very angry and irritable with everyone. Mindsoothe Jr took away the irritability from Day One and he is now doing very well at school and at home.” – Malcolm
“I have a child with autism and the doctors recommended that I put him on prescription anti-depresaants. One recommended wellbutrin and the other said that paxil would work, but I am not in favor because my child is only 6 years old. We have used the mindsoothe jr for a few weeks and I just wanted to inform you that he is much less restless and seems calmer than before, making it easier for me and my wife. I also notice that he does not flap his hands around so much and he used to pick at his skin which is much less now too – only when he is very tired.” – Danny G.
How do I use MindSoothe Jr?
Determining dosage is easy – as Mindsoothe Jr. is especially formulated to be administered twice daily at the dosage of one drop per age year of the child. Simply dilute Mindsoothe Jr. in a little water or juice (about 1/4 glass). No more fussing and pleading with your child to swallow pills or capsules! Use the recommended dosage in your child’s favourite juice – nothing could be easier!
Note: As with prescription anti-depressants, MindSoothe Jr can take up to 6 weeks to reach its full therapeutic effect, although some children may respond sooner. Consistency of dosage and perseverance are therefore advised.
Never discontinue prescription medication without first consulting your doctor or a health care professional who is experienced in natural medicine. Do not use Mindsoothe Jr. together with other prescription anti-depressants. If your child is very fair in complexion, use a sun block if there is excessive exposure to sun as St John’s Wort can sometimes increase the skin’s sensitivity to sunburn.
- Children respond well to quality time spent together. If a child is struggling with depression or mood problems, especially after or during trauma or family problems, try to spend extra time with them
- Being outside in the fresh air and taking part in physical activities can improve mood and self esteem
- While the occasional treat can do no harm, a healthy diet with plenty of fresh nutritionally sound food is vital to promote a healthy brain & nervous system. Remember the saying – a healthy mind in a healthy body!
- Seek professional counseling if necessary to address the underlying issues
- If you or your family are in crisis, do not use your child as a confidante. While it is important to keep communication channels open, you should be communicating with your child in a supportive and age appropriate way, while seeking alternative, adult support or professional help. Children are not equipped to be an emotional support to adults in times of crisis! Many parents do not realise the extent to which they burden their children when they are going through difficult times.
MindSoothe Jr can be used in conjunction with other remedies for comprehensive and holistic treatment of certain conditions. Here are some examples:
- Use MindSoothe Jr together with K-OK KiddieCalmer for shy and anxious children or those with Separation Anxiety;
- Use MindSoothe Jr with Focus Formula and BrightSpark for children who have ADHD along with high levels of anger, irritability or behavioural problems
- Use MindSoothe Jr with DuDu Drops for young children with sleeping problem