- Supports the health of your pet’s adrenal glands and encourages normal functioning
- Helps reduce circulating levels of corticosteroids
- Encourages a healthy coat and prevents hair loss
- Balances blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Reduces excessive thirst and urination
- Improves digestive functioning
Cushing’s Disease in pets – signs & symptoms
Cushing’s disease is also known as hyperadrenocorticism and is characterised by the over-production of hormones from the adrenal glands. The extra high levels of these hormones in your pet’s body can cause varied and serious symptoms, including:
- Increased thirst/drinking and urination
- Increased appetite
- High blood pressure
- Loss of hair
- Calcified lumps in the skin
- Thinning skin and susceptibility to infections
Over time, if not well-controlled, Cushing’s can increase your pet’s risk of other conditions including diabetes, weakening of the heart and nervous system disease.
There are a couple of possible causes for Cushing’s in pets. The first is that your pet may be taking in excess corticosteroids in the form of medications such as Prednisone. If your pet is not taking a drug like Prednisone and has been diagnosed with Cushing’s, it is probably due to a tumour (usually benign) on either of the adrenal glands themselves or on the pituitary gland, which is located at the base of the skull.
Conventional treatment of Cushing’s : If your pet’s problems are caused by prescription Prednisone, the answer is of course to wean your pet off this medication slowly and under the supervision of a veterinarian. Cushex Drops can help facilitate the process of normalising adrenal function and corticosteroid levels in the body as your pet slowly stops taking the Prednisnone. Cushing’s caused by other factors, such as adrenal or pituitary gland tumors needs a more complex, holistic approach. In the case of an adrenal gland tumor, the tumor can be removed through surgery but this procedure carries a high risk. Pituitary tumors are not usually removed but rather treated through symptomatic therapy with drugs that kill part of the adrenal gland in order to normalize corticosteroid production. This treatment needs to be very carefully monitored as killing too much of the adrenals is easy to do and can cause serious health problems including the subsequent UNDER-production of corticosteroids i.e. Addisonian’s disease.
The natural way
Many herbs and natural remedies can safely and effectively support your pet’s general health and help to reduce the symptoms of Cushing’s disease. In addition, animals who are using Prednisone will need to be weaned off this medicine and an alternative will have to be found. There are natural remedies with a range of anti-inflammatory effects, depending on need (e.g. joint or skin problems) that can be very effective – without having a negative effect on the adrenal glands.
A holistic approach to your pet’s condition is the best approach: feed a well-balanced natural diet and ensure that your pet has plenty of regular exercise, while supplementing with natural medicines for optimal health. .
How can Cushex Drops help?
Cushex Drops contain a blend of both herbal and homeopathic ingredients specially selected to treat Cushing’s in pets. Each ingredient of this natural remedy has a specific role to play in normalising adrenal function, balancing corticosteroid levels or reducing the troublesome symptoms of this condition.
Cushex Drops are easy to administer and the dosage can be adjusted to suit pets of all sizes.
What are the ingredients?
Cushex Drops contain the following 100% natural herbal extracts& homeopathic ingredients:
- Taraxacum officinale (Dandelion) is well-known as a tonic for the liver, kidneys and adrenal glands and will help to normalize adrenal functioning. This ingredient will also reduce any inflammation in the body. If your pet has been taking Prednisone, Dandelion will help to ease the transition with its own anti-inflammatory properties. Dandelion also contains vitamins and minerals important for hair growth and prevention of hair loss.
- Arctium lappa (Burdock) is a cleansing and eliminating herb and is excellent at detoxifying the tissues and removing unwanted substances from the body. Burdock is also effective at balancing blood sugar levels and preventing diabetes.
- Astragalus membranaceous (Huang Qi) is an herb which has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for many centuries as a revitalizing tonic. Astragalus is known as an adaptogen and helps to restore balance to the adrenal glands. It is a very useful protector of adrenal cortical function and is important for the regulation of blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Recent research confirms the positive effect of Astragalus on immune functioning and its ability to help your pet’s body fight against illness and disease.
- Arsenicum (30C) is a homeopathic ingredient useful for treating excessive thirst and urination as well as vomiting and other digestive problems.
- Hepar Sulph (30C) is also a homeopathic remedy and is very effective for treating infections and healing wounds or irritated skin.
- Mercurius (30C) is an excellent homeopathic ingredient for addressing thirst and irritability. Also widely used for treating bladder infections and diarrhoea.
- Sulphur (30C) will reduce thirst, improve the condition of the skin and act as a digestive tonic.
How have Cushex Drops helped others?
“Thank you for such a wonderful remedy. My poor dog’s health was in a state due to Cushing’s and this natural product really helped. I am so pleased that her coat is looking healthier and her hair has stopped falling out everywhere. I’m also relieved that we have managed to avoid surgery as Kendra is an old dog now and I would hate to put her life at risk.” – Carryn J.
“My 14 year old maltese was diagnosed with Cushing’s after months of urinating in the house for no apparent reason- something he never used to do. We were not keen on the vet’s recommendations for treatment as they all sounded terribly harsh and downright dangerous so we tried your Cushex drops and are very impressed. It is wonderful to find something all-natural and safe that actually works! I have told my vet about your product and how well it works- he can see the difference in our Maltese as well and says that he is going to recommend your product as an alternative treatment to Cushing’s in his practice!” – Marlene
How do I use Cushex Drops?
Cushex Drops come in convenient tincture form. The drops are easy to administer to pets and may be mixed with food or a treat.
To be taken 2-3 times per day at the following dosage:
Cats and small dogs: 2-3 drops.
Medium dogs: 5 drops.
Large dogs: 8-10 drops.
Caution: Please consult your veterinarian should symptoms persist. Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established
Feelgood Pet Tip:
The following remedies are frequently recommended along with Cushex Drops in the holistic treatment of adrenal gland problems:
- Skin & Coat Tonic
- Heart & Circulation Tonic
- MobiLive Pets (Natural anti-inflammatory for joint inflammation)
- Allergy Itch Ease (reduces intense itching and scratching due to skin allergies)