- All natural herbal formula
- Expels internal parasites such as roundworm and tapeworm
- Restores digestive health after parasitic infection
- Calms and soothe the digestive system
- Reduces parasite-related problems such as restlessness and malnutrition
- Cleanses and detoxes the digestive system and improves digestive functioning
- Reduces the symptoms of flatulence, nausea and bloating
- Reduces yeast overgrowth in the digestive tract
- Safe for pets and humans
How do I know if my dog or cat has worms?
Cats: A number of intestinal parasites will produce no visible symptoms in your cat at all – or at least not at first. Other parasites such as the tapeworm will usually be visible in your cat’s faeces and in the hair or on the skin around his or her anus. The segments of tapeworm resemble rice grains and can infect humans.
Other symptoms of worms in cats may include:
- Persistent dry cough
- Swollen abdomen
- Persistent scratching around the anus, scooting
- Weight loss
- Eating a great deal without putting on weight
- Breathing problems
- Bad breath
Dogs: In many cases you may not even know that your dog has worms without having a sample of his faeces analyzed. Certain intestinal parasites such as tapeworm however are usually clearly visible either clinging to the skin or hair around the dog’s anus or in fresh faeces.
Other symptoms of worms in dogs may include:
- Weight loss
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Scratching, particularly around the base of the tail
- Mild to severe coughing
- Eating a great deal without putting on weight
- Bad breath
In some cases, apart from slight irritation, your pet may not be too concerned about a mild worm infestation.
However a number of internal parasites can be life threatening, particularly in large numbers. Some pets may even develop a hypersensitivity to worms, which can cause serious complications.
When it comes to getting rid of worms many people head straight for over-the-counter treatments, many of which are excessively harsh and often less than effective. Some may even be harmful in the long run and upset digestive balance in your pet.
If you are concerned about your pet’s symptoms consult a holistic vet for advice before resorting to over-the-counter remedies.
The natural way
When it comes to your pet’s health, natural remedies are usually a good place to start. Although a number of conventional de-worming treatments are very effective, most, if not all, are chemically-based and may be harmful to your pet in the long-term. Continual de-worming with conventional products may also weaken your pet’s immune system.
Holistic practitioners recognize that the whole animal should be treated to maximise health and reduce imbalance in the system caused by a variety of environmental and dietary stresses. A combination of natural medicine, healthy diet and regular exercise will help to protect your pet against parasitic infection.
How can Worm Dr help?
Worm Dr. is a 100% natural remedy containing herbal & homeopathic ingredients especially formulated for the healthy and effective expulsion of intestinal parasites such as roundworm and tape worm.
Containing herbs especially chosen for their known antiparasitic, antiseptic and bactericidal properties, Worm Dr. can help to rid your pet of unhealthy infestations of internal parasites without the unwanted side effects sometimes associated with synthetic parasite medication. As an added bonus, Worm Dr. also helps to cleanse the system and contains herbs with antifungal properties, thus helping to reduce systemic yeast infections which compromise health and weaken immune functioning.
Worm Dr can safely be used for people and for animals.
What are the ingredients?
Worm Dr contains the following 100% natural herbal & homeopathic ingredients.
• Glycorrhiza Glabra (licorice root) has long been used as a herbal remedy for gastro-intestinal complaints and is well known for its immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory properties. Licorice also exerts a gentle laxative action on the bowels which will assist the body to expel parasites such as worms. In addition, Licorice will also relieve abdominal cramps and protect the liver. The sweet taste of Licorice will ensure that even children will take Worm Dr. with ease.
• Agrimonia Eupatoria (Agrimony) has been used since Ancient Greece as a digestive tonic. The astringent properties of Agrimony make it an ideal remedy to help clear the digestive system of parasites. Agrimony will also reduce colicky stomach pains and soothe digestive irritation.
• Althea Officinalis (Marshmallow) is another herb that has enjoyed a long history of medicinal use. It contains large sugar molecules, called mucilage, which exert a soothing demulcent effect on the mucous membranes of the digestive tract. Together with its anti-inflammatory properties, this makes Marshmallow an ideal natural remedy to relieve gastric irritation and promote a healthy lining in the digestive tract.
• Artemesia Africana (Wormwood or Wilde-Als) has been well used since ancient times and it is not surprising to know that the name Wormwood was derived from its natural ability to expel intestinal worms. Wormwood will also stimulate and invigorate the whole digestive process while simultaneously promoting liver and gall bladder health.
• Chamomilla (30C) is a calming homeopathic remedy for digestive complaints that is excellent for soothing irritated membranes and relieving gastric upset.
• Cina (30C) is a homeopathic remedy traditionally used to aid the expulsion of intestinal worms and to relieve abdominal discomfort. The dried flowers of the plant are used as they contain a substance called santonin which is a natural vermicide and the homeopathic preparation is especially suited to children.
Ethanol: inactive ingredient
Contains no gluten, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives. All Feelgood Pets remedies are animal-cruelty free and not tested on animals.
How has Worm Dr helped others?
“This remedy is a bargain because I use it for the whole family – kids, dogs & hubby and me!. It works well and we dose about once every three months to make sure that all of us are worm free” – Caroline
“I never liked the usual worm medicine – even the smell let me know it was poison! What I like about Worm Dr is that it is herbal and it is good for my cats tummy but bad for worms!” – Cyndie
“Worm Dr does the trick and also stopped the constant upset stomach!” – Howie
How do I use Worm Dr?
Worm Dr comes in convenient tincture form. The drops are easy to administer to pets and may be mixed with food or a treat.
To be taken 2-3 times per day for four days at the following dosage:
Cats and small dogs: 2-3 drops.
Medium dogs: 5 drops.
Large dogs: 8-10 drops.
Repeat after two weeks
Caution: Please consult your veterinarian should symptoms persist. Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established
Tips for keeping your pet worm-free:
- Because certain worms can be transmitted from animals to humans it is important that your pets and your family are de-wormed regularly. Depending on your pet’s risk of infection (an indoor cat has less likelihood of getting a parasite infection than a dog that regularly walks in the park and interacts with other dogs), you will need to determine the best de-worming protocol. De-worm your low risk pet once a year but repeat de-worming every 3 months in high risk pets. It is always advisable to de-worm your pet after a stay at the kennels or cattery.
- Always, always wash your hands after stroking or playing with your furry friend, this is especially important with children.
- Discourage your pets from licking you and your family, this is one way that worm segments and worm eggs can be transmitted to you.
- Clean up all dog poop everyday and keep your cat’s litter tray clean.
- Remember to take ‘poop packets’ with you when you take your dog out for a walk. Apart from the health risk that unpicked up poop poses, it’s also a real shame to get dog poop on your shoes!